The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from my Frontier
Meet Ree Drummond: a city girl who fell in love with a rugged cowboy and found herself settling into his country lifestyle. She now lives on a cattle ranch with her husband and four kids doing things she never imagined- cleaning boots, herding farm animals, and making gravy.
Over the past 15 years, she has grown to love rural life and spends a lot of time perfecting her home cooked dishes. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from my Frontier provides a simple guide to creating her mouthwatering recipes for the whole family.
This cookbook provides easy step-by-step photographs that any Mom can appreciate. Pictures of each phase of the recipe allow you to stay on track without reading lengthy directions. After all, the less reading the better for a busy chef.
The Pioneer Woman Cooks showcases recipes for every occasion- from old favorites to new creations. Breakfast, soups, pizza, sweets, and drinks are just the beginning with over 100 recipes to choose from in this colorful collection. Also look for Ree’s show, Pioneer Woman, on Food Network to see her country life first-hand.
I personally can’t wait to make this new recipe found in the “starters and party food” section of the book.
Grilled Corn Guacamole
Makes 8 servings
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 6 whole avocados, diced
- 1 whole large tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh jalapeno
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Grill corn until nice and golden, with good grill marks on the kernels. Allow to cool a bit, then cut the kernels off the cobs. Set aside.
- Halve avocados and remove pit. Cut avocado into a dice inside the skin, then scoop out with a spoon.
- In a bowl, combine corn kernels, diced avocados, diced tomato, jalapenos, minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Stir gently to combine and top with chopped cilantro.
Disclosure: Mom Central received a copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier cookbook to facilitate this review.