Valentine’s Day Treats: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Whether you’re baking for your spouse, friend, or family this Valentine’s Day, share your love by giving this decadent red dessert. It breaks away from the typical holiday recipes with bright swirls of red brownie and cheesecake batter.No need to be an expert in the kitchen either- this rich, irresistible dessert only requires a few basic steps. With this recipe, red velvet cheesecake brownies may quickly become the new favorite in your house.
Be sure to make enough to go around - your loved ones will thank you for this Valentine’s Day dessert!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Recipe from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined and very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- To prepare cheesecake mixture, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Distribute the cheesecake mixture in 8 dollops over batter in the pan. Swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
- Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack before lifting out the parchment paper to remove the brownies.