What to do with Turkey leftovers
Thanksgiving Day has come and gone but what do you do with all that leftover turkey?
Fortunately for me (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I have very little turkey leftover due to the size of the group I hosted this year. My absolutely favorite thing to do with leftover turkey is to freeze it to use at a later time. Or, I will substitute it into my favorite chicken recipes.
Right now, a turkey and cheese panini sounds yummy, or turkey enchiladas, or better yet this turkey pot pie by The Pioneer Woman sounds divine.
Some other recipes that have caught my eye are:
- Turkey Corn Crisp: Leftover Thanksgiving Corn Cobbler- Rachael Ray. This recipe throws in everything but the kitchen sink!
- Simplest Turkey Soup- Martha Stewart. This recipe couldn't be any easier, but it's the beautiful photograph that keeps me coming back.
- Jack Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa- Cooking Light. I love all things Mexican and spicy. This twist on the traditional quesadilla has me salivating practically. I just might have to whip this one up sometime in the near future.
- Turkey Chili- Simply Recipes. I love simple recipes for a chilly night....this fits the bill.
- Turkey Tetrazzini- Taste of Home. There is something about the combination of turkey, cheese and cream of mushroom that is appealing to my taste buds tonight because I seriously want to cook this right now.
All of these recipes sound so delicious that I am considering making another turkey just so I can have some leftovers!