Celebrate Earth Day with IMAX: Born to be Wild
Just in time for Earth Day (Sunday, April 22), Warner Brothers has released the IMAX: Born to be Wild Blu-Ray 3D combo pack. Narrated by Morgan Freeman, this inspiring movie captures the close bond between animals and humans. The movie follows orphaned orgutans and elephants along with the dedicated people who rescue and raise them. Shot in IMAX 3D in exotic locations ranging from the rainforests of Borneo to the rugged Kenyan savannah, Born to be Wild provides a unique glimpse into the daily life of these orphaned animals and their human caretakers.
Making Earth Day Accessible
Not sure what you can do to make a difference? Here are some kid-friendly activity ideas to help your family get into the spirit of Earth Day and contribute to the protection of the environment:
- Organize clean-up projects in your community. With the assistance of an adult, kids can donate time on Earth Day to clean up an area park, school ground, beach or other public place.
- Start a compost pile in their backyard. Composting helps the Earth by keeping unnecessary trash out of landfills and providing organic fertilizer for the yard and garden.
- Practice saving water by setting a timer when they shower. Turn it into a family competition to see who can take a shower in under 5 minutes. Keep the timer in the bathroom to remind everyone about this good habit after Earth Day is over.
- Write a story about the importance of a healthy environment. Ask them to share the story with family and friends and encourage their listeners to write a story too.
- Kids can talk to their parents and teachers about canceling catalogs that are not needed or wanted. All over America, kids are joining the "Catalog Canceling Challenge" and saving thousands of trees throughout the world.
Disclosure: Mom Central received a copy of IMAX:Born to be Wild to facilitate this post.