Jif’s Hazelnut Spread Review, Recipe and Giveaway!
Summer, my favorite season, always fills my family’s schedule with barbeques, picnics, and outings. When my whole family tries to whip up several dishes for various gatherings, we cannot help but run into each other in the kitchen chaos. We bump elbows and sometimes tensions even flare when we scurry in and out of the pantry.
Luckily, Jif, our family’s go-to peanut butter brand, has two new hazelnut spreads to help alleviate our baking nightmare. Instead of using different ingredients, we can all use the Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut and Mocha Flavored Hazelnut Spreads in our waffles, pancakes, cookies, S’mores, brownies, and cakes. My husband and I can even drizzle the spreads in our coffee as an extra treat.
Jif’s Snickerdoodle cookie recipe will be undeniable crowd pleasers for both kids and parents this summer.
Chocolate Hazelnut Snickerdoodle Cookies
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz.) pkg. Pillsbury Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Jif Chocolate Hazelnut or Mocha Cappuccino Spread
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
- COMBINE cookie mix, softened butter, egg and vanilla extract in medium bow. Mix with spoon until soft dough is formed.
- USE level measuring teaspoon of dough to make 3/4-inch balls. Roll into cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet. Using the back of a rounded measuring spoon, to make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
- BAKE 6 minutes. Remake rounded indentation in cookie. Fill a resealable plastic bag with 1 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread. Make a 1/2-inch cut of one corner of bag. Squeeze spread starting at outside edge moving towards center of each cookie. Bake an additional 4 minutes to set center. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
*TIP To soften butter: Heat unwrapped butter in the microwave 10 to 15 seconds
Win a Jif Hazelnut Spread Tasting Kit!
I wanted to provide you with everything needed – right down to the spoon – to sample and review the new Jif Hazelnut Spreads with friends and family. So we’re giving away one Jif Hazelnut Spread Tasting Kit to one lucky Mom Central reader.
The Jif Hazelnut Spread Tasting Kit (approximate retail value $100) contains:
- Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Jif Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Homemade Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Folgers Black Silk Coffee
- Silver Spoon
- Recipes and Tips
- $50 AMEX Gift Card
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment below by Friday, July 13 telling us how which Jif Hazelnut spread you’d most like to try – chocolate or mocha!
Winner to be chosen at random and will be notified by email. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only.
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Jammie M.!
Disclosure: Mom Central received jars of Jif’s Chocolate Hazelnut and Mocha Cappuccino Spreads facilitate this review.